This workshop is for Clinical Instructors and Site Coordinators of Clinical Education interested in strengthening your clinical education program and demonstrating value to the organization, patients, clinicians and partner programs. You will learn strategies and examples in how to promote the growth and value of clinical education in your clinical setting.
At the completion of this event, a certificate for 1.5 hours of professional development in clinical education will be awarded. Each state has its own regulations surrounding continuing competency in CEUs/CCUs. Please check with your state regulatory agency to see what is allowable in your jurisdiction.
Objectives: Having a Seat at the Table Part II: Promoting Clinical Education in Your Clinical Setting
1. Discuss clinical education program growth and enhancements of a clinical education program.
2. Consider how to support best practices in DPT Clinical Education. Understand resources for clinical educators from ACAPT, clinical consortiums, and university partners.
3. Create a network for support of Clinical Education in your healthcare setting
4. Describe how culture and climate of the organization impact clinical education
5. Develop practices that promote the benefits of DPT clinical education throughout the organization- from administration to clinical staff
6.Enhance interdisciplinary collaboration for clinical education within your practice.
Speaker: Christina Ropp is the Program Manager Student Experience of OSF HealthCare. Chrissy received her BS in Physical Therapy at Mount St. Mary’s College in Los Angeles, CA in 1994 and her DPT from St. Ambrose University in 2007. Through a long tenure in acute care neurologic and geriatric physical therapy, her passion has always been in education; educating patients, students, coworkers and herself. Her initial work in Physical Therapy education was done as a clinical instructor and progressed to SCCE of one facility, which eventually grew to managing the interdisciplinary student program for OSF HealthCare Rehabilitaion. Participation in the Academy of Education and the ACAPT NCCE focused on providing a voice to the clinical sites related to clinical education. Currently, Chrissy serves as the Program Manager Student Experience for OSF HealthCare focusing on streamlining and aligning student programming through the organization and improving the clinical experiences of students from all disciplines.